January 1, 2018

Arts & Sciences 100 Day Challenge - January 2018

  1. Jan 5 - Ground almonds and black walnuts and almonds for a period-inspired nut cake.
  2. Jan 6 - Baked black walnut, Icelandic chicken, and locally grown honey cakes for the Northern Trotheim Yule cooking contest.
  3. Jan 8 - Drafted new pattern for early period tunic that Katalena (Ivaniaia zhena Shishova) introduced me to prior to NOWM as my old patterns no longer fit correctly.
  4. Jan 11 - Laid out and cut the pieces for the grey wool tunic. 
  5. Jan 12 - Continued working on the grey wool tunic, piecing together the side gores and the arms. I admitted finally that this project is taking longer than it should because I didn't want to use an existing neckline pattern that I had. So, I broke down and drafted a new one loosely based on an existing neckline from another pattern.
  6. Regular Event Special Tokens
    and the unfortunate star of the
    project -- reading glasses. :|
  7. Jan 13 - Master Oliver and I began working on the painting portion of the leather site tokens - specifically painting a base silver coat over the section that will be white and painting the blue portion. Finished working on the grey wool tunic to wear to Winter Wassail.
  8. Jan 14 - Master Oliver and I worked on painting special leather site tokens - specifically white, touching up the blue, and adding the gold. Took the neck facing pattern from Jan 13 and added additional length to the front to bring it forward just a bit. Resized early period pattern. Research for AoA scroll assignment for Regular Event, layout and calligraphy.
  9. Jan 15 - Completely redid the AoA scroll assignment for Regular Event. I didn't care for the kerning of the letters and the uneven gait, if you will, of the freehand text. Calligraphy laid down, quote added, and painting completed. I think there's enough personalization in it for the recipient; I hope they like it. More research on my second scroll assignment for the event... a Sapphire.
  10. Jan 16 - Completed calligraphy, outline, and painting of the Sapphire.
  11. Jan 25 - Completed research, calligraphy, and painting of the promissory note.
  12. Jan 26 - Research for mystery scroll.
  13. Jan 27 - Illumination of mystery scroll.
Twelve down... eighty eight to go. It just looks less overwhelming when you do not use numbers. ;)